Nerds are not left out when it comes to music, and there are so many music-loving nerds that take music dedication to a whole new level. Find out about music nerds.
The musical side of nerds
Being a nerd does not deprive you of being a music lover. If anything, there are music nerds, meaning that they are fans of a specific type of music. These music nerds have taken a liking to several music, artists, albums, and more across the world. These songs are not different from the rest, and non-geeks have loved many of them. Let’s explore all of the geeky music that nerds have clung from history to date.
Classical music is not just the home of sophisticated buffs but also a nerd’s music. Many nerds have a keen knowledge and understanding of the classical world. Here are some of the biggest hits for them;
- Romeo & Juliet Balcony Scene by Craig Armstrong.
- Romance No. 2 in F Major by Beethoven.
- Romance (The Gadfly, Op. 97) by Shostakovich.
- Serenade for Strings by Tchaikovsky.
- Touch Her Soft Lips and Part (Suite from Henry V) by Walton.
Rock music is generally the domain for the cool and fearless. It certainly doesn’t seem like any nerds music choice. Still, many geeks take to the rock world and go as far as joining the air guitar playing league. Here are some of the hit songs for nerds;
- Countdown from Signals (1982).
- The Fountain of Lamneth from Caress of Steel (1975).
- The Trees from Hemispheres (1978).
- Natural Science from Permanent Waves (1980).
- By-Tor & the Snow Dog from Fly by Night (1975).
Hip hop music
Who would have thought that any nerd’s music choice will involve hip hop? But here we are, with a clear look at some of the best hip-pop songs and videos loved by nerds across the world;
- Crime Spree from Mc Frontalot 2002.
- I heart fags from Mc Frontalot 2002.
- Wiseacre corps from Eugene and 2011.
- I can’t watch this from weird Al Yankovic.
- Anxiety from Optimus rhyme 2008.
Albums nerds love
This is a step deeper into the nerd’s music world. They don’t just like individual songs but also the whole album of certain singers. Here is a list of the wiseacre loving albums of all time;
- Flood (1990).
- Space is the Place (1972).
- Freedom of Choice (1980).
- The Transformed Man (1968).
- Dawn Metropolis (2009).
- Other Worlds, Other Sounds (1958).
- The Blue Album (1994).
- Gilbert and Sullivan’s “The Pirates of Penzance”.
- The Orange Box soundtrack (2007).
Musicals nerds love
Now, this seems more like the domain of the artist, yet; nerds have graced many musicals. From the scene to the stage house, everything seems to appeal to nerds. Here are some of those musicals that have attracted nerds form the start of history and become a favorite choice in the list of nerds music;
- You’re the one that I want from Grease.
- Beautiful from Heathers: the musical.
- Seasons of love from RENT.
- Light from Next to normal.
Those bands and artists nerds love
Yes, some sing for the nerds. These bands and singers are classified under nerdcore artists and make songs for the everyday nerds. Here they are;
- Mc Chris.
- LEX the Lexicon Artist.
- Mega Ran.
- Professor Elemental.
- The Doubleclicks.
- Richie Branson.
- MC Lars.
- Allie Goertz.
- Dr Awkward.
Nerdcore is a genre of music that has slowly taken its place among the rest of the genres. They appeal primarily to the nerdy folks. The song, video, scene, stage house and all have a unique sound for everyone to listen to. Here are some of the nerds’ music that has stormed the world
- She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby.
- Dare to Be Stupid by Weird Al Yankovic.
- Nerdcore Rising by M.C. Frontalot.
- Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton.
- Particle Man by They Might Be Giants.
- Add It Up by Violent Femmes.
- One Week by Barenaked Ladies.
- Thomas Dolby by She Blinded Me With Science.
- Sorry By Nerf Herder.
- Fett’s Vette by MC Chris.
- Geek by MC Chris.
- Penny Arcade Theme I love Frontalot by MC Frontalot.
- Nerdcore Rising by Frontalot, Jesse Dangerously, MC Hawking.
Dating a music wiseacre is fun. They are intellectual about music details and can give you the reason behind every song. You can find your partner right here through any of our reviewed sites for geeky dating.