Silver Singles Review
How do you get back to dating after a certain age? Some say that there is no going back and you should get a cat, but since we live in a modern and digitalized world, online dating for older singles has become a trend and proved those pessimistic people wrong. Silver singles is one of the international dating sites connecting older people all over the world. They’ve got their fair share of members looking for love (and some even for fun!), so it’s time to review Silver Singles to understand is it a great place to find an experienced partner for senior dating or a fluke?
- Designed specifically for singles over 50 to find love
- Slightly more older guys than gals – 60/40 split
- Works as a side project from Elite Singles, so most things that can be said about it can apply to Silver Singles
- Has generally positive reviews with only a few setbacks
Pros and Cons
Pros / Cons
- Perfectly chosen niche and features for it
- Almost no fake accounts and bots
- The average subscription cost
- A large number of members for an older people dating site
- Superb matchmaking algorithm
- No mobile app
- Some cases of catfishing were detected
- The premium subscription is easy to purchase but hard to cancel
- Tedious signup procedure
- No manual search, members can deal only with matches site offers them
Silver Singles calls its free plan the “basic” one in contrast to the premium plan, but it seems a bit dishonest. As it is common on dating sites, you can’t communicate without the premium subscription, and since this platform gives you a limited number of matches to look at, instead of an open list of singles in your area, it seems a bit pointless. Still, said premium subscription can be purchased for a fairly low price, but it is quite surprising that you can’t subscribe for a single month.
- The shortest, 3-month subscription will cost $49.95 (that’s per month, not total!)
- 6 Months – $37.95 per month
- An annual subscription is the cheapest, at $27.95 per month.
Silver Singles Features
Silver Singles features a standard set of features you would expect from the dating site: your regular matches, search and live chat. However, since it depends on an extensive questionnaire senior members fill out before joining, it uses the data you provide to personalize your experience. For example, instead of wandering through the list of singles nearby or swiping the stack of singles sorted by some unknown parameters, you receive a curated list of compatible people. The thing is, Silver Singles only sets you up with people who have the same values and outlooks on life – an incredibly important feat for the senior dating site!
How to Start Dating at Silver Singles
Let us get straight – joining Silver Singles is easy; the only problem is it takes a while. The first step is relatively straightforward – choose your gender and the gender of your potential matches. Then, the signup box will change to one offer you to use an email (ensure to use a valid email from a trustworthy service), and your future password used to protect your account. Then comes the real part we’ll describe in the “getting started” section.
Once your profile is created, upload a few photos and get to the list of potential matches. Use the “search” button to select the singles by set parameters, and then it all depends on your communication skills.
Each member starts their dating journey in the same way. You have a 100-questions quiz to complete with questions like what do you prefer in a partner, what drives you through life, what is more important – success or family, that sort of thing. Each user creates a unique imprint with their questions. Later, they are matched with other users on the basis of how many similar answers they gave. This makes the Silver Singles matchmaking algorithm quite easy to understand and takes us to the next point – how can you make contact with your matches?
After completing the quiz and your profile, upload a couple of photos to give your account some validity, and you are ready to match with other users. At the “Matches” tab Silver Singles provides you with several search parameters to fine-tune the list you see, like how far you are from each other and the age limit to your potential partners. There are two buttons at the bottom left corner of each user’s profile shown to you – message and like. First is used to make contact, second – for saving said member for later, when you’re ready to practice your lines on them.
Now, imagine you have a nice lady or handsome gentleman you want to converse with at the Silver Singles. How do you do that?
- Explore your “Matches” tab. It is updated each day as new users find their way to Silver Singles and some members going away after finding a successful relationship. Catch them while you can. You can scroll through potential matches even without the premium subscription, but to chat, you’ll need to pay.
- Another thing premium members can take advantage of is the “Visitors” section. There you can see who took an interest in your profile. Maybe they didn’t have the spirit to text you first? Send them a message to find out!
- The third option is where Silver Singles acts as a wingman! The feature is even called “Have you met?”, allowing you to skip all the fuss and get chatting if you both like each other at this site’s take at Hot or Not game.
The major advantage Silver Singles has over other senior dating sites is the profile details. When there is a 100-questions questionnaire present during the signup, you can already assume that all this data goes into making a believable and detailed profile for each user, but the site goes even beyond that. After the registration, each user can add further details to their profiles, including separate fields for hobbies, the music they love, places they have been to, and a bit about themselves and what they are looking for in a partner. The only problem is that if you are matched only with folks similar to you, is it really necessary?
One of the main reasons seniors choose Silver Singles for their dating adventures is that the site is safe and secure. For one, the extensive signup protocol keeps bots and fake accounts away, as there is just too much hassle for them to register here. Each user has to verify their email address to be sure that the person they are talking with is real. And all transactions and messages are encrypted with an SSL protocol, making it unavailable to get by any Ill-willed hacker.
Does Silver Singles track my location?
Yes, Silver Singles tracks your location both on desktop and in an app to provide you with the list of singles nearby.
Is it easy to create an account with Silver Singles?
It’s easy, but it takes a long time. All questions you need to answer are simple and related to dating, yet there are about 100 of them.
How long is the satisfaction guarantee program on Silver Singles?
The strict No Refunds policy at Silver Singles only allows you to cancel the automatic renewal, not to get your money back.