Online dating requires some finesse, but with a few guidelines, you should have a CV, or profile, up and running soonest. With these profiles comes a need to be safe and discreet while hoping to find someone who matches your needs precisely. Online dating has become the go-to approach to finding companionship, be it short, or long-term.
With that said, sites like eHarmony offer countless captivating personals for free and paying members to peruse. All profiles on eHarmony are vetted before approval, which facilitates safer dating and peace of mind for all users. Check out our eHarmony review as you make an informed decision that will affect your love life for years to come.
eHarmony saw its inception in the year 2000 after Dr. Neil Warren saw a need for a sound dating service for like-minded people. It is part of the ProSiebenSat group of companies, a German media company, and it offers dating services to all and sundry, including the LGBTQ community.
- Members: 29,000,000 in the USA alone; 16,000,000 active weekly and an approximated 60+ million worldwide
- User Base: men and women seeking everything from traditional dating to casual fetish, kink, and gay dating
- Active Age Range: 18-25 years of age
- Recommended for: Casual, NSA dating
Pros / Cons
- There is a large pool of eHarmony members to engage – millions, to be exact.
- eHarmony app is available for both iOS and Android users.
- Compatibility quizzes ease matching to like-minded members.
- Educated members make up most of the crowd – perfect if you seek a long-term partner.
- Vetting of profiles before they go live – takes care of security concerns.
- Email verification is not mandated, leaving room for fake account creation
- Communication methods are limited on eHarmony
- Only paying eHarmony members can send messages
- Free members cannot view profile photos of other eHarmony users
- eHarmony users only have access to matching profiles.
eHarmony Design and Usability
This dating platform is built for all, even those less tech-savvy. With a mobile app that is fully compatible with iOS and Android users, members can update profiles while on the move. Also, you can send messages to potential matches as you trot around your hood while on a bus ride or random cab ride home.
The site is easy to navigate, with a clean-looking and attractive interface. For purposes of accommodating the vastly diverse membership base, neutral colors and designs were used. All icons and labels hit straight home, clearly and unambiguously. Although a few ads promote the site’s upgraded accounts and offers, the site remains void of unnecessary clutter.
The coolest bits of this site are in the special features, which add to the site’s overall usability. For example, you can send automated questions to potential matches or enjoy thirty more matches per day – outside your parameter of potential matches.
Do not expect to be up and running in less than ten minutes, but be assured this eHarmony registration process is well worth it. The site lets you register using your email address or Facebook account. When that is done, there is a mandatory questionnaire to be filled out, which is important for matchmaking to take place.
When you fill out these required fields, you will input information related to what you seek in other members, i.e., their attributes and thus your preferences. Our review shows this entire process should take no longer than ten minutes, at which point your profile will go live.
Making Contact on eHarmony
Unfortunately, it is necessary for starters to upgrade to a paid account to utilize communication features on eHarmony fully. Free-to-use members can browse profiles (after creating an account for free), but they are limited in terms of communication.
Once you upgrade to a paid membership, you can enjoy unlimited chatting. Free members can send winks, while paying users can send messages to any members of their choosing, including those outside their parameters of compatibility.
Additionally, you can do a video date. Yes, paying members to get the option to throw on some pajamas and meet their favorite members online, via video. It is the ultimate in breaking the ice and removing the awkwardness of first impressions all in one sitting.
Free vs Paid Features
It is not a free-to-use site per se, although there are a few features accessible on a free-to-use account.
- Send five favorite eHarmony-generated messages to matching members
- Add matching members to your eHarmony favorites list
- Send winks for free
- Check out members outside your matches
- Ability to send messages
- Check out eHarmony profile photos
- Anonymous browsing
- Receive matches of members outside your matching parameter
- Check out who viewed you and who added you to their favorites list
If you still think about where to join this website or not, just do it without any doubts. After joining this site, your perception of online dating sites changed drastically. This platform is full of useful features, and it has a diverse database meaning you will get exactly what you want. It will change your life completely with ease!
Who Are Members of EHarmony?
This site boasts members of all ages, from all walks of life, seeking varying types of relationships. Primarily, it caters to a clientele seeking casual relationships, but long-term relationship seekers are present too.
What Is EHarmony Match Guarantee Precisely?
eHarmony does not offer a match/satisfaction guarantee. It does, however, provide a matchmaking service that promises to bring you closer to like-minded people soon enough.
Wait no more – join eHarmony today and get synced to like-minded people instantly.